Yesterday I had my anatomy scan. We scheduled the appointment 10.5 weeks ago so we had our pick of times. I remember sitting in the waiting room in pure agony waiting for my scan when I was pregnant with Landon. The tech was running nearly an hour behind...don't they know they can't do that to pregnant women with a full bladder?! Lesson learned. We scheduled the first appointment of the day at 8am, but the tech was late coming in. Oh brother. At least I drank less water and only drank it 45 minutes before my appointment. Ha ha, joke's on you.
The boys were anxious to see the baby again so we brought them along. Landon specifically asked to see the umbilical cord since the whole idea of it seems to fascinate him. At one point we were pointing out body parts and Landon sounded so adult when he said "I really don't understand what I'm looking at."
Jameson was a little stinker. He was so calm and chill the whole time, didn't put on a show for us at all. Actually, so far he's the calmest of the three boys in utero. Toward the end he kicked his cute little legs and we could see his little feet and bum, but that was the most excitement we saw.
My first question to the tech was where my placenta was located. When she told me in front I wasn't surprised. For weeks I've been telling John I must have an anterior placenta since I'm just not feeling him like I did my other two. I feel him kick my bladder, I feel him painfully kick my sides, and I feel him move at the top, but I never feel him directly in front. Last night and this morning he was more active than he's ever been and I was actually able to feel him kick from the outside. I LOVE IT! Landon stood there with his hand on my belly, but of course babies don't kick when you want them to.
Jameson was actually only measuring a couple days ahead, which shocked me. I'm sure he'll go through a big growth spurt, but I certainly won't complain if he comes out under 8 pounds.
Thankfully everything looks good, although I always worry there's something the tech didn't tell me. I'm just hoping he arrives screaming and healthy.
The tech wasn't able to get any good profile shots due to Jameson's position and the location of the placenta, but she had the opportunity to print us out some cute pictures of his legs and she didn't, which I didn't realize until after when she handed me a whole lot of bad profile shots! I'm so glad we have great pictures from our elective ultrasound a few weeks ago.
Oh, and we also asked her to double check his boy parts just to be certain. I've bonded so much with little Jameson that I don't know what I'd have done if they said "Well, actually its a girl." Nightmare. So excited to meet you little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment