Wednesday, February 13, 2013

20 Weeks

Okay, so this post is a little late but it's been a busy week. I'm excited and sad that I'm already 20 weeks. It seems I just found out I was pregnant a couple weeks ago and suddenly I'm halfway. In fact in 19 weeks I'll most likely be heading home from the hospital with little baby Jameson.
From this picture I've learned not to take a picture wearing black in front of the fireplace, but it's all good since Sunday I was having a "small" day anyway. I guess Jameson was chillin' in back somewhere to give me a break. However, he came at me will full force Monday because I was bigger than I've been yet and suddenly I can feel him moving all the time. Yesterday I had a terrible headache so I sat in the bath for awhile. Apparently he decided rearrange furniture or something because he was going crazy and I could actually see him moving. Sooo much fun!
I'm most definitely in the honeymoon of the 2nd trimester because I'm feeling great. I've even been waking up at 4:30 (and eventually getting up around 5:30) to workout. I love getting up early and it beats doing a workout after the boys leave for school. Definitely not the caliber of my pre-pregnancy workouts, but they sure make me feel better. It's too cold to be outside so I spend the majority of my days "lounging" around the house. I've been doing 60-80 girl push ups a day to try to keep the flab off my arms. It seems once the flab comes on it's there for long haul so I'm doing what I can. Curious to see if it makes a difference in the end.
Today I babysat, but once she was gone I made sugar cookies for our neighbors as well as for John to take to the church tonight. It was fun. I decorated half and then handed the piping bags to Landon to decorate the other half. Tomorrow I make a Black Forrest Cake for dessert since I still have 1/2 a bottle of Kirsch in my freezer from last year. I'm more excited than I should be, but I love having an excuse to bake. Really.
John had a co-worker call me yesterday. She didn't believe John that 1) I love Valentine's Day or 2) that a single rose means as much to me as a bouquet. John loved it when I set her straight.
I love Valentine's Day. I guess I may not like it so well if it was the only day of the year John showed me how much he loves me, but since we have a wonderful marriage it's just a fun day to focus on each other and the boys. And no, I don't need a whole bouquet of flowers. It isn't about the flowers, it's about the thought and the love behind them. I know he loves me. He doesn't need to be extravagant to prove it. Guess this is why we mesh so well. I don't need or expect a lot, but John always goes above and beyond to make me happy. I am so thankful for him. I'm thankful for our happy peaceful home life. I'm thankful that he loves me now more than he did 10 years ago, and I love it that we're always excited to see each other at the end of the day. He truly is my best friend and I can't imagine life without him.
Saturday we have plans to take the boys snowshoeing with friends and I'm excited to see how they do. It'll certainly be a different ball game from warm weather hiking. We cannot wait to get out of this nasty valley and see some pure sunshine!


No comments: