I love Valentine's Day! I spent the morning making my usual Black Forrest Cake and man o man, there's a reason I only make it once a year. It's full of fat and calories but tastes soooo wonderful. This year I did things just a bit different and it tasted even better than last year. Next year I'll put a dash of Kirsch in the whipped cream and then I think it'd be perfect.
John came home from work and set his lunch cooler on the counter. He kissed me and wished me a happy Valentine's, then said he would run up and get ready to go out. He asked me to clean out his cooler, but I told him I had a bit of laundry to finish putting away. I headed up the stairs but he grabbed me and lifted me back down. Once again he asked me to clean out his cooler. Now, he always cleans out his own cooler so by this time I was like 'Duh, your gift must be in there." I opened it up, grabbed my gift then immediately ran into the office to grab John's gift. I ran back into the kitchen with a big grin on my face, holding his gift behind my back and yelled "Happy Valentine's Day!" I held his gift out to him and we both began laughing. He had bought me a box of my favorite to-die-for truffles from Sees, and I had bought him a box of his favorite lemon truffles from Sees. We are so much on the same page it's scary.
We went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse with Landon (Carson is a whole different story, but it won't happen again) then came home and stuffed ourselves with cake. What's not to love, truffles, going out, cake, and cuddling in bed watching dvr'd shows together. I love my boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment