So I have entered the home stretch. It kind of feels like the last few miles of a marathon where I'm so close, yet the worst is still ahead and when I hear a spectator yell out "Only three more miles!" I want to grab their shirt collar and explain that you never say ONLY when you are WATCHING someone run a marathon. I've had several people tell me "Oh you're so close" when they hear 30 weeks. I'm not bothered, but I'm thinking that it's obviously been long enough since they've been pregnant that they've forgotten what the last two months feel like. We were at the baby store on Saturday when the cashier remarks how much she loves my shirt (see below) and asks where I got it. I explained that I bought it years ago from Macy's. She then goes on to ask how far along I am. I tell her seven months, to which she replies "Seven months? You look so great I would've thought only five months." And all I can think is 'You are so full of sh**!' John said the girl must have recently completed a customer service training where they are told to be positive and encouraging. Whatever, I appreciate her positive attitude, but let's insert just a bit of reality here.
So I've been uber exhausted lately, but I can't complain since I know I'm anemic and have done nothing about it. Time to pick up some supplements I guess. Yesterday after the first hour of church I was in such a daze that John handed me the keys and told me to leave. I immediately zonked on the bed. It felt great to sleep in a dead quiet house. Every morning I wake up tired and kind of feel like a zombie throughout the day.
For several months I've gotten horrible stabbing pains in my stomach. So bad in fact that I rarely exercise at all anymore. When they hit I can barely talk, walk or move. To say excruciating is an understatement...and this coming from someone with a high pain tolerance. I finally asked my doctor about it and he asked if it felt like someone had just stabbed me. I told him that was exactly how it felt and in fact, whenever I described the pain to John I told him it felt like Jameson had a knife and was cutting his way out of me. Anyway, the doctor told me that those pains are charlie horses in my abdominal wall. There's not much I can do for them, aside from not twisting too much, but it was so wonderful to feel validated and that I wasn't just being a whimp.
Jameson is so active and wakes me up constantly throughout the night. Last night he must have been worn out since he didn't wake me up once and has been very quiet today. These quiet spurts used to make me nervous, but I've just learned that he'll be incredibly active for a few days, then I won't hear too much for a couple days. Fun to learn his patterns already.
Last week Landon finally felt Jameson kicking. When he felt that first kick his mouth dropped open and his eyes were about as big and bright as I've ever seen them. He was so excited. Now he just loves to stand by me so he can feel the kicking. I don't know that any six year old boy has ever been so excited for his mom to have a baby.
We splurged this weekend and finished buying everything we need. So aside from small items like nail clippers and baby wash, we are 100% ready. Still no bedding, but it's been paid for. We're glad to be done buying baby stuff so we can have some fun money again. This room has nickel and dimed us to death!
No comments:
Post a Comment