Monday, April 15, 2013

29 Weeks!

I've hit 29 weeks, which means roughly ten weeks to go. Can't believe it. Super uncomfortable, but feeling Jameson makes it all worth it. John worked himself practically to death to get the nursery done. We still need window coverings, curtains, changing pad, closet shelving and bedding, but that is small stuff compared to what he's done so far. Now if he could get a break from everyone and their dog needing sheet rock done maybe he could breathe for a few minutes. Love how hard he works without complaining.
We are so happy with how his bedroom turned out. I haven't touched my vinyl cutter for well over a year due to a virus on my pc side, but Thursday I spent hours and hours making/designing a vinyl branch for the wall since I wasn't willing to buy a pre-made file, but it was well worth it because it looks fantastic. And yes, I am tooting my own horn big time! The molding John put up looks so great and the blue and orange are so cute for a little boy room. John said he's just learned to trust me and didn't question my color choices since he's happy with the rest of our house. I couldn't be prouder of John for the great job he did. We've had the past two weeks off of church, which has allowed him to get so much done. In fact we need to petition for conference every other week because it is so nice to spend a Sunday at HOME! We had new carpet installed on Saturday so we spent Sunday putting the last of our furniture back into place and cleaning up the house. Once the rest of the house was in order I had John lug all my baby stuff upstairs and I spent a few glorious hours organizing everything. It was almost like a dream. Totally surreal to be going through tiny baby things again.
Me in my newly organized nursery

Absolutely dying for his bedding to arrive. According to the estimated completion date I still have 4 weeks from today. *sigh*

Look at all those baby items. They'll eventually have a shelf in the kitchen but for now, here they stay.

I LOVE this shelf. I was going to paint and reupholster the rocking chair but I may leave it as is.

All his itty bitty newborn diapers. Don't know what I'd do without this shelf since cloth diapers take up a lot of space. His changer shelves are full of once size diapers and covers as well.

I just happened to have a small piece of orange vinyl to tie this into the orange wall. I love the little drunk bird who looks like he's falling off the wire.

2 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

It looks so amazing!!!! You always do awesome decorations and designs for rooms though. You should start a interior design business or something. I love the branch too! So cool!

Matea_Bradshaw said...

So, so cute!! I love the colors!!