Friday, April 5, 2013

Nursery Progress

John has been working every spare second (which isn't much these days) to get Jameson's room ready. When I was pregnant with Carson he didn't have his own room, but as soon as we moved into our condo when he was three-ish months old, his room was the first room painted and complete. With Landon I had his room set aside and was happy as a clam planning out his room and bedding. Now, with Jameson, knowing he's probably my last (unless John convinces me otherwise) I wanted to go all out. The mudding and priming are complete, and John has started on the molding. Thanks to the wonderful online world I found some ideas I loved. We bought all the molding a few days ago and John has begun putting it up. Last weekend we ran to my dad's shop to build some quick boxes for in between the studs, and well, my dad had a much better way of doing it. If you know my dad, you know he's amazing with wood. So he took this wood we had brought and turned it into this beautiful shelf that just slid into place. It just needs a couple more coats of paint and molding and it'll be exactly what I wanted for my diapering supplies.
We ran to Kwal's and purchased all but one can of paint (thanks to a great online deal I found) and tomorrow John should have the molding finished. I know he's hoping to get some painting done, but the boys desperately need his attention so we'll probably go out as a family tomorrow evening.
I'm so tired of living in a dust bowl and having a thick layer of dust on everything, no matter how often I clean. I just wish there was more I could do to help, but aside from keeping John company there just not much I can do. He's banned me (rightfully so) from doing anything with fumes, so I sit twiddling my thumbs and keeping this blog updated. Oh how I wish I had a blog when I was pregnant with Carson and Landon.


No comments: