Monday, May 6, 2013

IVF Update

The first two nights I did injections myself. Day three John sat quietly by and watched me get up the nerve to inject myself. After watching me for a couple minutes he finally told me he'd do it for me. He washed his hands and I laid on the counter. He pinched my skin and stabbed in the needle. It was nice to have him do it for me, although it hurt a bit more when he was injecting because he didn't go as slow as I do. (The photos below are from day 4 injections.) I'm proud he was able to do it because he has a serious phobia to blood and needles.
I had my third blood draw and second ultrasound today and I now have 23 follicles of various sizes with the lead follies being 10mm. The nurse called this afternoon and based on my estradiol levels they decided to lower my Gonal F dosage to 300IU. This is good because it means I'm responding well and maybe I won't run out of meds before egg retrieval. I just feel relieved thing have progressed and I wasn't cancelled. I had nightmares that I went in and all my follies had disappeared and they decided to cancel me. Terrible dreams. I'm also having night sweats every night and let me tell you how nice it is to wake up drenched in sweat in the insane hours of the morning. Otherwise I don't have side effects other than being a bit grumpier than usual. I figure within a couple days I'll start to feel super uncomfortable so I'm not bragging.
I do have to admit that I can't watch my doctor put the sheath on the ultrasound wand or I giggle a bit. A little immature, but during this whole nasty process I have to find humor where I can. Let me just say that I LOVE my doctor and nurses. They are fabulous!





No comments: