Well today is my ninth day of stims and it's possible they may bump retrieval to Thursday although he won't say for sure until Monday. Bummer. My estradiol doubled and the follies are growing so that's good. This whole process is extremely nerve wracking. I'm super sore and uncomfortable today. I cannot imagine how I'm going to feel by the time retrieval rolls around. Not complaining, just stating it how it is. Feels like I'm going to pOp! This is interesting to say the least. John just realized at my appointment this morning that with IVF they take every bit of nature out of the equation. Funny how with all these injections and appointments he didn't realize it until now. Three weeks until I find out I'm pregnant! Positive thinking right?!
Okay, so John gave me my THREE injections an hour and a half ago and I honestly have to say that this if the first time I've minded the injections. I mixed them all and had the syringes ready to go. I swabbed my bruised belly with an alcohol wipe and John prepared to give me the injections. My HCG injections hurts like a mother. It's actually the most painful injection which really surprises me. Today he decided to do the HCG first to get it over with. In order to minimize the pain to my sore tummy I dug my fingernails into my face and chanted "Ow, my face. Ow, that hurts. Owie my face." And it really did help the pain of the actual injection...unfortunately the site of the injections is sore as can be and if it follow the same pattern as my other HCG injections, it will continue to be sore for days!
I'm proud of John and so glad to have his help. Giving myself one injection was hard enough, but sticking myself three times a night would be too much. I never would have thought he could handle the needle aspect of IVF so he's doing great! Although, he still can't watch my get my blood drawn so I make it a point to give him a hard time at every appointment.
I didn't mind when I had one injection a day but three is making me feel like a human pin cushion. OUCH! My belly is so sore I can barely touch it. Why don't I do injections in places other than my belly? Well, one night we did, but I like getting them in my belly because I feel like the medication is going in closest to the area it needs to be. Silly? Maybe. But I've got a lot invested-financially and emotionally so I need to do what makes me feel better.
So ready to move on to my trigger. Grow follies grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment