Well we had our typical appointment yesterday. Before every single appointment I am so nervous because I know at any moment I could get bad news. John always gives me a hard time for being nervous but I know it's just because he doesn't realize how fragile this whole process really is. Anyway my follicles are growing nicely, but they decided to trigger me last night. I believe it's because my estradiol is plateauing. My doctor was hoping to get in one more day of stims to let a couple more follicles catch up but it didn't happen. So now I have only a small handful of mature follicles.
Add to that the fact that they found fluid in my uterus. Dr. Google informed me that I now have less than a 6% chance of a pregnancy. Plus searching forums I found that most women who had the dreaded fluid did not get that positive they were going for. If the fluid is still there in a few days they'll cancel my ET and freeze any thriving embryos for a future FET. I am so frustrated. I just didn't respond to the meds as I had hoped and now I'm scared we won't come home with a baby at the end of all this. Yes, I still have another cycle I've paid for, but where am I going to come up with the money for the meds...especially since they kept me on a higher than expected dose the entire time?? Right now I don't know that I could feel more defeated. Trying to stay positive, but I'm just not feeling it.
No comments:
Post a Comment