Wednesday, June 5, 2013

36 Weeks and Counting!

I'm feeling sightly guilty since I feel my blog has focused mainly on my pregnancy the past few months. There have been many moments I should've photographed, but to get up and get the camera just took too much effort at the moment so I chose to sit and just enjoy watching the boys instead.
I'm a little late with this picture, but better late than never. I had my 36 week appointment yesterday, only 1cm and 60%, but the baby's head is right there. My doctor said I could possibly have him this week but he'd probably see me next week. I said, "No, I'm sure I'll see you next week." I'm just not lucky enough to go early. Besides, I'm not in a big hurry to have this pregnancy over with, but I would like to have a baby under 8 pounds and we are so anxious to hold the little guy.
He's dropped a lot in the past couple weeks, which has helped my rib pain but added a whole new set of pains. Not to mention endless potty breaks. Sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating. Today is a good day, yesterday was a good day, but Sunday and Monday I could not breathe. I almost felt panicky at times. I had a dream once that John was sitting on me holding me down and I couldn't breathe. I woke up crying since it felt so real and I really was struggling to breathe. It's pretty miserable. Contractions come a lot when I'm active, but they always stop when I sit down so no worries. John is so excited and is completely convinced he's coming early and I cannot convince him otherwise.
Just to be on the safe side I washed and ironed all his tiny clothes, bedding, diapers, blankets, bottles, binky's. Pretty much anything I could think of to wash I washed. I just need to get the cradle, bouncer, swing and baby bath out of storage. Yippee. Still doesn't feel real sometimes.
Lately I've been so hot. I check my thermostat constantly to make sure the air is working. I swear it's not and is really blowing hot air. I've taken to lounging around the house in as little as possible and skirts are my new best friend. With my lower belly nothing will cover it. Half the time I'm walking around with it showing. Usually I don't realize it, but sometimes I just don't care. Someone mentioned yesterday that I didn't have a roll of fat under my belly like most women. (really?) That is the one thing I've been spared apparently since I'm watching new stretch marks appear almost daily and cellulite has now spread to my knees. I don't feel super overweight, but that's due to my belly size. It's always a shock to come home from the hospital, look in the mirror and see just how big everything has really gotten. Apparently I gained 7 pounds in the past two weeks, but I'm pretty sure I'm retaining water since I drink nonstop. Fun stuff. Just grateful I'm delivering before the sweltering heat of July sets in.
The boys are pretty excited for his arrival, but I'm concerned with making sure they have a fun summer. I don't want them to just bum around the house while I take care of a newborn. I'm thinking of still doing our usual pool pass, but we'll go in short spurts or John can take the boys after work. He's also planning on taking them to Powell at the end of July, although he won't fully commit until he knows Jameson and I are fine. Yesterday he was saying how much he'll miss me at Powell and it made me feel so loved. I'm not thrilled about them going without me purely because I worry. What if they get in an accident, what if something happens to one of the boys? If something happens I would prefer we were all together.
Today was field day at school and it was so much fun seeing the boys' excitement at they headed off to school in flip flops and a swimsuit. I remember field day when I was in school and it was the greatest day of the year. I forgot to send them with towels and Landon informed me he was the ONLY kid without a towel. Oops. Mommy fail. He didn't mind though, and assured me he was fine. I love my Landon. Honestly, I felt sad I wasn't at Field Day helping out this year. Last year I was in charge so I made sure I got to see Carson. I felt guilty about missing Landon's first field day but there was no way I could stand in the sun for hours keeping massive amounts of kids focused on their game.
We are so ready for the end of school. I've slacked off big time. We haven't done our daily reading, I didn't mark one day on the reading calendar for over a month so before they were turned in I went and randomly put check marks on various days. I'm just done. I'm tired of homework, tired of packing lunches, tired of volunteering, tired of schedules and teachers. Just tired, as are the boys. They'll still have to do daily math work during the summer, but otherwise it'll be lazy days. Kids need that break every summer. Landon is out tomorrow, Carson is out Friday!!!! I'll post last day of school pics this weekend!

No comments: