This is has passed so quickly and I'm left wondering where the time went? We feel like Carson grew up fast, but Landon has grown up twice as fast...and we don't like it one bit. I've enjoyed so much walking Landon home from kindergarten everyday. We're both a little sad that it was the last time we'll ever walk home from school alone together. On his last day Landon's class invited parent's to come in and watch a slide show and look at scrapbooks. I chose to stick around and walk to the park with them for a snack and playtime. He's definitely read for first grade, but I don't know that I'm ready for him to enter first grade. Seems like just yesterday he was my smiley little baby.
Carson's last day was Friday and boy was he ready for the last day. He's had a good year, but like any normal kid, he's just tired of homework and teacher's. Both the boys had big improvements on their report cards since we cut out electronics. We've allowed them back sparingly in the summer, but fully intend to cut them out again once school starts up. The boys got up and did their math pages with no arguing, Carson surprised me by doing very well on his division and now they are out running the streets playing.
On the last day I took them to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. John doesn't care for the place so it was the perfect place to go. I think every kid loves a buffet, especially when their mom let's them eat as much ice cream as they can handle! That evening we watched a movie on my bed together and it was a great last day of school for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment