On Saturday we took the boys up to Liberty Park. We try to do something fun as a family every Saturday, seeing as it's our family day. On the way there we stopped off and ate at Subway so they wouldn't starve, then headed straight to the park. We let them play in the water for quite awhile while we hung out and thoroughly enjoyed watching our kids be 100% kids. We don't believe kids have to be in a million different activities, just take them someplace where they can let loose and have a great time. And a great time they had. After playing forever in the water we bought snow cones then let them ride on the swings. Landon loved it, but after a minute Carson's eyes glazed over and he just looked really strange. John and I waited for the worst. The swings just didn't work for him and we were just glad when he got off with his snow cone and sandwich still in his belly. I really wanted a cotton candy so we bought a couple to share while we walked around. After being there for a few hours I was swollen like a balloon and done with the heat. Thank goodness for our sun reflecting umbrella or I wouldn't have lasted more than an hour.
Our simple family days are the favorite day of our week and as soon as Monday comes we're already looking forward to next Saturday.
 |
| This is a super scary picture Carson took of us. John looks fine, but I'm really hoping I don't look this way in real life. |
No comments:
Post a Comment