Wednesday, June 19, 2013

38.5 weeks!

No, I don't have any pictures, but seeing that I'm scheduled for an induction 7:30 Monday morning I figure I'll have plenty of pictures then.
I had my checkup yesterday and everything looks good. Baby looks good and I look good. Thank heaven for uneventful, textbook pregnancies. This winter was the healthiest winter we've ever had. My doctor was not thrilled I wouldn't vaccinate myself for flu or Tdap since I'm just not comfortable doing so while pregnant, but we just had a couple minor colds move through this winter and that was it. Piece of cake. Unfortunately Carson and I have been hit with a mild summer cold that just won't end. Last night it moved into my chest and since I couldn't breathe I was up half the night eating cantaloupe and watching t.v. Whenever I think of canceling dish I remember how much I use it in the middle of the night and can't bring myself to get rid of it.
I'm pretty achy lately. More so than I was with Carson or Landon. My feet hurt almost constantly, my back, ribs, shoulders, hips, legs...you name it. In a way I'm glad I'm so uncomfortable because it makes me more anxious to deliver, otherwise I'd be sad this pregnancy is almost at an end. This has been the fastest pregnancy in history. It seems like I just surprised John with the news and suddenly I'm about to deliver. Crazy!
My maternity clothes don't even begin to fit. In fact when John picked me up for my appointment yesterday he was grinning because my shirt absolutely would not cover my belly. Jameson is so low that there is no hope for me. John tries to get me to wear his shirts, but they make me feel huge and frumpy. With a 40 pound weight gain the last thing I need is to feel bigger than I already do. John made the comment that we need to buy me some bigger maternity shirts...uh really? So I can wear them for a weak? I don't think so. I can handle anything for a week, including clothes that don't fit.
At my appointment yesterday my doctor was in so much pain he was canceling his day to go home, but thankfully I had one of the first appointments and was able to meet with him in his office just before he left to talk induction. Since I'm elective there's a chance I'll be bumped if they're full, but otherwise Monday it is. We are so excited. Cradle is setup with the movement sensor....the only thing that helps me sleep while having a newborn, carseat is installed, hospital bag is half packed. I don't take much, but I did go shopping yesterday and bought a 6 new pieces to add to my chubby stage wardrobe. Since we'll be bringing him home on my birthday I want to look cute too and it'll make the extra weight I'm carrying more bearable if I don't feel so frumpy. I just need to wash my new clothes and pack my coming home outfit, then throw in the cameras, and some shampoo and makeup the morning of and I'm set. Definitely not an over-packer for the hospital.
Saturday is dedicated to getting everything cleaned and in order around the house, Sunday we'll probably stay home and relax or take the boys out for a little outing then take them to grandma's for three nights...I actually think they are more excited to stay with grandma for three nights than they are about having a brother.
It is just surreal to think that in five days we'll be a family of five. The boys are so excited to meet him and so excited for me to get rid of my belly and have energy again. They miss the old mom I was before getting pregnant. I'm excited to be more active as well. We plan to put Jameson in a carrier and go about our summer as usual....I hope.

No comments: