Wednesday, June 19, 2013

John and the boys

A few weeks ago we bought Carson a backpack which John has been dying to put to good use. He had planned to take Carson backpacking with a friend on Friday, but his friend bailed and I just didn't feel comfortable with John taking Carson without another adult. Besides, being nearly 9 months pregnant, and not laboring for very long in previous pregnancies, I just felt better with him being a phone call away. So I bought them all sorts of snacks and John took them out Friday afternoon for a hike to a waterfall and let them play in the streams they crossed. I opted to stay home since I have constant contractions while walking and knew I'd just slow them down. Can you say pizza and movie? I enjoyed my quiet evening...the last I'll have for a very long time.
They all had such a great time and John cannot wait to go as a family in a few weeks when I'm up to hiking again. 




No comments: