We had a great first week of summer, busy, but great. I didn't take many pictures but Monday we spent the day at my mom's playing on the waterslide, Tuesday I had an appt. then we went to see Jurassic Park 3D and afterwards Gina brought the boys over to play on the slip 'n slide. Wednesday I cleaned so the boys had to fend for themselves and I was half dead and felt like I'd been hit by a truck by the time I was done. Thursday I took them to a nearby neighborhood pool. John and I had driven by several years ago and thought it looked so ghetto that there was no way we'd take our kids there, but a friend told us to try it and it was a huge hit with the boys. We were there for four hours and they had so much fun and are begging to go back, it's just hard for me to be in the heat, wearing a bikini with a wife beater over the top. I looked pretty ridiculous but the boys didn't mind. Friday we went back to Liberty Park with my mom and Gina. The water feature was closed for repair so the boys spent the day playing in the sand and on the playground. We finished up the afternoon with cotton candy and snow cones. It was a busy week, but we had so much fun. Gotta get time in with them before a baby changes our family dynamic for the rest of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment