Sunday was another perfect day spent enjoying Jameson. We took some pictures, cuddled skin to skin, napped, and spent countless hours just staring at him. He has a head of beautiful blonde hair. In fact I took a picture of the back of his head just so I would never forget what it looked like as a newborn.
The hospital does a dinner for mom and dad before leaving and it was surprisingly good. We both ordered steak, asparagus, potatoes, salad, sparkling apple juice, cheesecake for John, and chocolate mousse pie for me. It was just a special little dinner where we could sit and celebrate our new family of five.
Looking back at the pictures I can see how much swelling I had after birth. My face, hands and feet were all swollen. I am just now getting to the point where I feel I can get my wedding ring on and off without feeling like having to amputate my finger.
Jameson's bruising had gone down considerably by Sunday so he didn't look quite so much like he'd been in a fight and lost. But oh, that poor little nose. Either way he was absolutely beautiful to us. We were/are just in awe that this was the little baby that had kicked and move inside me for so long. I still love to feel his heels. Those little heels were always shoved against my right side. Always. I can still feel what it felt like every time he kicked me and I pushed against it. Oh, it makes my heart melt just thinking of my little Jameson. It makes me cry when I think of how Carson and Landon used to be this small and how at one time I sat in the hospital, staring at them in awe the same way I do with Jameson. I love having another baby, but it makes me sick to think how fast all of them grow up. I am so happy to have another boy. So happy he has two older brothers to look up to. Carson and Landon are such good friends and I feel guilt Jameson doesn't have a sibling close in age to have the bond that Carson and Landon have. I know he'll fit right in with them and they'll just teach him all the wonderful joys of being a boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment