Friday, September 27, 2013

3 Months!

My cute little stinker is already three months old...well, three months last Sunday. I cannot believe it. John and I both feel we can say we have truly enjoyed him. He's just brought so much happiness into our home and we ALL adore him.
He smiles all the time and loves tongues. A sure fire way to get him smiling and almost giggling is to stick your tongue out at him. Jameson also loves it when we clap his hands together, just like Landon did. He is growing so fast and suddenly is outgrowing all his clothes. *sniff*
He's still a great sleeper at night. We can put him in his cradle awake at night and usually (although not always) he'll lay there until he falls asleep. Lately he's become very restless and he'll wake up several  times during the night, which wakes me up even though he doesn't cry. He'll just hang out in his cradle, kicking his legs until he falls back asleep. I hate to admit it, but I think it's time to put him in his own room. We've kept all the boys with us until around three months, and I was hoping to keep Jameson in with us longer but I feel like we're interrupting his sleep and he ours. It's just another step to him growing up and we are postponing it as long as we can.
Last night he woke up just before 2 am. I lay there waiting for him to fall back asleep, but after awhile he started fussing. WHAT?! Do you mean to tell me that at three months old I am going to have to get up in the middle of the night with my baby? Ugh. I got him up and he was so cute and smiley. He hung out in our bed and after forever when he wasn't quieting down I finally fed him thinking it'd put him to sleep. Nope. He was wide awake. I was having major flashbacks to baby Carson who had his days and nights completely mixed up and it was miserable. Carson would be up for two or three hours straight at night wanting to play.
Finally after 5 am I decided I needed to at least rest before getting the boys up at 6:30, plus I was tired of those little legs kicking me and those little hands pulling my hair. So I took him and put him in the crib. He didn't like that but I was so tired and grumpy I didn't have the energy to stay up with him any longer. John got up and left for work...Jameson still crying off and on. Finally he stopped screaming. I was thrilled thinking he'd finally fallen asleep. Well, here comes Landon just after six. "Mom, Jameson was crying so I got him out of the crib for you." I jumped up and went to grab Jameson and he had the cutest smirk on his face. I'd never seen this look before and it was almost like he was saying 'Mom, you wouldn't get me, but I have two brothers that I know will come for me if you won't." Crying it out obviously won't work at our house since Carson and Landon are so quick to do whatever it takes to cheer him up. I'm still not sure how Landon got him out of the crib so smoothly, but what a good brother.
Jameson looks so much like John, but I can most definitely see me in 1) his hairline 2) his face shape 3) his big blue eyes. My eyes are brown, but wow, Jameson has the exact same eyes I did as a baby. So many of the pictures I take of him have him looking startled since his eyes are so wide. Oh, I just love him. I tell John that Jameson will be even better looking than he is since every generation of men in John's family a have gotten better looking than the previous generation. I'm half joking, but John plays along. Jameson just gets cuter and cuter.


No comments: