Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hiking

I can say that Saturday morning would have been about the perfect morning if only Carson had been with us, but he chose to sleep at grandma Marsha's. Bummer.
Realizing we are running out of perfect Fall days, we decided to hike up toward Bell's Canyon. Neither of us had done this hike and while we had planned on a lot of Summer hikes after Jameson arrived, reality was it was too hot and life just flew by.
The beginning of the hike was chilly, but we anticipated the cold and dressed appropriately. Well, once we reached the lake it was warming up quickly and we began shedding layers.
It was a beautiful day, and a beautiful hike. Just perfect for Landon and a mom toting a baby in a front pack. It made me smile every time we passed other hikers and they commented on how cute Jameson was and what a great little hiker Landon is. I tell them we start 'em young. Hiking and camping is a big part of our family life and heaven help us if we end up with a child who doesn't enjoy being outside. Thankfully Jameson was happy and content the entire time. This was Jameson's first real hike and I can vividly remember both Carson and Landon's first hike up Ferguson. Guess we should've taken Jameson there for his first hike so we could tell all the boys they each had their first hike up the same canyon. Oh well.
We are really hoping we can get out at least once or twice more before the snow flies.
Oh my goodness, I just look at Jameson's cute little face and I am so happy he's part of our family!




No comments: