Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Term 2 Report Cards

Wow, term 2 is already over?! This school does everything so differently it takes some getting used to. 
Carson did great, I was disappointed with the C in Reading and the C+ in math. For the life of me I don't know why he got a C in reading, well other than the list of 20 missing assignments which Carson had turned in...I know because I helped him with many of these assignments. His teacher found some of his ungraded work in the trash and recycle bins which makes me wonder what's going on. Carson has always has 100% homework so I know something is not right. Not happy, but from here on out Carson is to put his assignments in her hand rather than on her desk. Poor kid was so frustrated since he knew he had done all the assignments that were missing. Just today I found he's getting a new reading teacher since they switch up instructors every few months and I'm relieved.
Math, I was surprised...but not. He struggles and the past couple weeks I told him to bring his math home, even if he completes it in school so I can check it, and well, he's not answering correctly. He knows how to do it, but overthinks the problems. Once I show him how he's like "Oh, I remember." He tries so hard and I love him for it. Otherwise he did great. He's found a love for history and it has become his favorite subject along with spelling. I give credit to his teacher who really brings it to life. He can recite the 'Ride of Paul Revere' like a pro...and it is looong. I'm so impressed with him. He's such a neat kid and lately has been joking with me like he's an adult. Aside from the frustrations of homework (which are many) I sure enjoy him.

                                

Landon did not get straight A+'s this time. His grade in PE dropped to an A. Not sure what happened and I teased Landon about it, but it really, really bothered him that it wasn't an A+. I kind of like these letter grades since the boys get into it and strive for A's. Carson says anything below a B is bad. He's determined to get his C's to at least B's.
Landon is just kind of a whiz and *so far* everything comes naturally to him. In fact he can answer some of Carson's math problems before Carson can. We've actually told him to back off so he doesn't make Carson feel bad. 
I'd have to say that the bottom line is the boys both love school. Not that they look forward it it by any means, but as far as school goes they're both happy. What more can I ask?
                               

No comments: