Monday, December 16, 2013

Yay Christmas!

The other day I dropped the boys off, hurried home and immediately began wrapping presents. I stopped to pickup John and grab some lunch, buy C a birthday present, then rushed back home, finished wrapping, and cleaned up just in time to pick up the boys. Half the presents are under the tree, but I wasn't sure where to hide the Santa gifts...so I stashed them in the basement shower-covered with a sheet. We're just keeping our fingers crossed the boys don't look in there.
I'm excited. I've mentioned before how we try to keep Christmas minimal, but exciting. I've seen firsthand the adults that are created when children are given everything and anything, and even if we had the means to spoil our children I'd like to believe we'd still have a modest Christmas.
The boys are each getting: An RC Helicopter, new Scooters, and a large set of fantastic natural wood Lincoln Logs I found on Etsy to share. The boys have been begging for them for the past year, but I wasn't impressed with the name brand and didn't like how they are made in China with who knows what in the finish...especially since Jameson will surely have them in his mouth in the near future.
Carson is also getting a zombie book and more Legos.
Landon is getting a vintage Chinese Checkers set (his favorite game) and a set of Jacks.
Jameson obviously doesn't need much, so I opted for quality over quantity. He is getting his cute little doll...which he loves already and I am dying to give him, and a set of Kleynimals. I've never, ever let any of my kids play with keys. Disgustingly dirty and full of lead, so when I found these food grade stainless steel "keys" I had to buy them. He seems to like the sound, but so far the doll is the bigger hit. He also has a box of hand me down toys so he's certainly not lacking in the toy department.
Oh, and of course the boys will each get new jammies on Christmas Eve
I'm also beyond excited over John's gifts, so for the first time in a long time I am truly looking forward to Christmas since everything is bought and paid for with no credit card to pay off next month. Now if I'm smart I'll start saving now for next year.
The last semi-stressful event to get out of the way is the church Christmas breakfast, but once again I have a great committee and I'm sure we'll pull it off....I hope.

                               

                                

                                



No comments: