Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Reader of the Month!!!

Carson was chosen by his teacher as "Reader of the Month" for December. Mr. B pulled me aside to let me know when I was helping with library on Monday. I was so excited for Carson...he loves to read. He met the requirements for Reading University and read every day over the break. His teacher told me how much his reading's improved which has me kind of going "Huh?" Since he's already in a sixth grade group. I don't know, but Carson has always been a great reader from a young age and he loves it, so this is the perfect award for him.
We were Sooo excited for him! He was surprised and tried to play it cool as he high fived his friends on the way up and back. The fourth grade also performed 'Yellow Rose of Texas' so it was double plus.
I'd write what his teacher wrote about him on his certificate, but they are still being printed. 
First thing he wanted to do was find Landon to show him...funny how they can be worst enemies and best friends at the same time. Oh how I love my boys!
Tonight he gets to choose where we eat for a celebration, which is just as exciting as the actual award for him. Way to go Mr.C!!!

        
                                    
        
        
        
                                                    4-6th grade Reader's of the Month


No comments: