Thursday, January 16, 2014

Save the Earth!

*NOTE: In our house cloth diapers are referred to as just diapers. My boys know only of disposables when they see toddlers running around in saggy diapers that gross them out. 
In the near future we are planning a little weekend jaunt as a family. Not wanting to haul a bag of dirty cloth diapers around with me, I bought a small pack of disposable diapers and wipes. I (mistakenly) left them on J's rocker for L to see. Little did I know what this would bring on. Landon grilled me as to why they were there, why they were in our house, and why I had wasted money on them. I was lectured on how awful they are, and how ridiculous it is that anyone would spend money on diapers which are used once and thrown away, only to end up in our landfill. He went on and on. Admittedly I'm a little proud of him. Sure, he's picked up some of his attitude from me, but what seven year old really understands how wasteful a one-use diaper is? Of course this is my child who is adamant nothing be thrown away if it can be recycled. I do believe I may have a future spokesman for Greenpeace on my hands.
***I'm not judging anyone for using disposables. What's right for one family isn't necessarily right for another. I just happen to be a stay at home mom who has the desire and time to use cloth.

No comments: