Several months ago John's sister was talking about running...I casually mentioned that if she signed up for a half, I promise I could get her across the finish line. Well, she took me up on it so I registered and planned a nice weekend in the warm weather with blue skies and clean air. Race day was beautiful and warm, and to be honest, this was the most enjoyable half I've ever done since I wasn't actually racing. My only goal was to get Kim across the finish line...vertically. I hadn't run this race in years, but I'm thinking I should make it an annual event. It was kind of fun running her first race with her and keeping us on pace.
After the run, we grabbed some lunch and took the boys hiking through the lava caves. It was more of a challenge with Jameson, so I only did the easier caves and let John take the older boys down the trickier ones. It was so much fun having J with us...since last time we were here I was excited to do this hike with a baby in tow. Still so happy he's here! That night we met up with Kim's family for dinner, then headed home Sunday afternoon. Now I'm sitting here in our disgusting soupy air, wondering why we didn't stay an extra day.
Pictures before and after, I love Jameson's face in the first two pictures.









No comments:
Post a Comment