Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Masto

Well as it turns out Jameson's masto is going to be more of a problem than we hoped. It seems he has a heat intolerance, especially when he's inside a stuffy building with low air flow...like church. His mastocytomas swell and the poor little guy is miserable. The other day we were in the car for less than ten minutes, when we went to get him out he was out cold and fire engine red. It was terrifying, especially since I had left his diaper bag and epi-pen at home. So far I'm counting 11 spots. All but one are hidden under clothes or hair, so not something he should be self conscious about...of course this'll all be normal for him.
I ordered him a medicalert bracelet today and it was overwhelming to list his (possible) drug allergies and anesthetic protocol. I finally just emailed them a degranular list and anesthetic precautions. My biggest fear is an emergency will occur and for some reason I will not be able to speak for him, so this eases my mind a little.
While I was filling out his EMIR he happily played with toys. If I just tip his toy bin in front of him he'll happily play for the longest time. Just look at that adorable little face. His second upper tooth broke through last week, and while I miss his gummy smile he looks so cute when he smiles and shows his new teeth.

                                  

No comments: