As he got older It became apparent that baby J was behind in his gross motor skills. It seemed everyone but John and I were worried about him. I knew he was fine, he's just so laid back and content (the most content baby I've ever seen) that he was in no rush to go anywhere. Just before his first birthday I decided to start him in physical therapy "just because." His therapist comes once a week and he loves her, and she just adores Jameson. She loves how laid back he is, but also how quickly he's learned. He's her star patient...maybe she says this to everyone but I like to think Jameson's her favorite since he's just so lovable. She said it was all about teaching him how to shift his weight. So in less than a month he went from barely rolling, to kneeling, then crawling on July 10, and pulling to standing the next day. His progress has been incredible. All he needs to do is be shown how to do it and he takes it from there. It's fun to see this cute little guy crawling around and he's pretty pleased with himself. It's so exciting for all of us every time he learns something new. Carson says he's the one who taught J to crawl since he was the one playing with him when he first did it. Carson said "Mom! Jameson's crawling!" and I looked over just in time to see him disappear around the hallway corner. I'm more than happy to let Carson believe it was all him. Great job baby J!
 |
| First time pulling to kneeling unassisted....so proud, so thrilled! |
 |
| He loves being able to see all his toys |
 |
| This Lego table is the perfect height for his therapy...Landon learned to pull himself up on this same table. |
No comments:
Post a Comment