Saturday, September 20, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

Fruitland was a blast this year. It's funny because the older my kids get the less I see them on this gloriously free cousin-filled weekend. They ran out the trailer door in the morning, I briefly saw them for breakfast...and I'm talking I saw them dish up and sit on the other side of the room, maybe saw them run past a couple times during the day, saw them from a distance for dinner, then tucked them in at night after they were totally spent and were running on fumes. They climbed rocks, rode the zip line, dug a massive mud pit and were covered head to toe with red mud, ran around in the dark with flashlights, and did who knows what else. From a mom's perspective they had the perfect weekend. They were free to run and play with no interference from me. Jameson, looking like the tail end of the grandkids, I wonder if he'll get to experience Labor Day weekends the same way the older kids do. When John and I were dating this land was boring and covered in sage brush. I see what it is now...a place my children are creating priceless memories. One day they'll tell their kids all about Labor Day weekends spent with cousins running wild and acting how kids should.
Week



No comments: