Monday, March 2, 2015

Mom's Birthday

Back in January we celebrated my mom's birthday at our house. Let me say that as far as mom's go, mine is about the best you can get. Down to earth, supports grand kids, is the first person to help if needed, and just loves to come along wherever and have fun. She is fantastic and we all love her, so Gina and I put our heads together and decided to have a real party.
Every year at Thanksgiving (and sometimes other holidays) we play Bingo. My mom has this dinky little bingo set that is now missing a few numbers. We all decided to chip in and buy her a nice bingo set with slide cards, as well as a photo calendar. We had tons of food (notice the photos below) and not only gave her the bingo set, but also supplied lots of goodies for a million rounds of bingo...did I mention that I love bingo?! John and I will be that little old couple that never misses a bingo night at the senior center.
The party was nice and it was fun to celebrate mom. As long as there is good company and good food, a good time is easy to come by.

Alton Brown's Baked Beans...holy cow, YUM! Doubled the recipe and every last bit was devoured.



Had to put in this photo because I look like such a doof calling numbers.

No comments: