Monday, March 2, 2015

Valentines

On Feb. 13, John and I planned to spend the evening uptown for Valentines. My wonderful mom offered to take ALL THREE BOYS OVERNIGHT, so we could have fun without worrying about getting home. Good thing since it was pushing 1am before we fell into bed. We made reservations at Brio, but when it came down to it I was craving a burger, so we took it down a notch and ate a Johnny Rockets instead. Afterward we walked around, then sat and talked for awhile before heading to a comedy show at 10:00. It was so great to be out alone and not have to worry about making it home to pick up kids.
In the morning we slept until 9:00(!) then had breakfast at Kneaders before picking up the boys. After a full night with grandma they still didn't want to come home, and baby J didn't even miss us! Too bad we can't do this more often because the older boys are getting pretty mouthy and drive us up the wall! A night out is just what we needed, and I never could imagine I would not only love John, but would still be crazy in love with him after being together 13 years.
                        

No comments: