Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Easter Day 2015

John and I hosted Easter this year and it was a gorgeous sunny day, exactly the type of day you hope for when you think of Easter. The boys didn't wake us up too early, and all three found their baskets fairly quickly...everyone found their basket fairly quickly except me. That silly bunny hid it behind the water heater where I never would have thought to look, especially since he hid John's in front of the water heater.
We had a lazy morning at home. John even cooked us up some french toast and sausage. He may not cook a lot unless we're grilling, but it sure is nice when he does and breakfast is his specialty.
The morning went much too quickly and at 1:00 my family showed up for a good old American BBQ. I know, where's the ham and all that traditional Easter junk? Well, my mom wasn't feeling much like ham so I suggested dogs and burgers. Who doesn't love a good bbq? There is nothing I love more than a big fat juicy hamburger with a heaping side of chips. Yuuumm.
After dinner the kids had an egg hunt in the front yard, then we cut into the second of my egg cakes. Do I really have to wait for Easter to make it again? Is anyone going to be annoyed if I make one every Easter?
I finally made Baby J's basket this year and I was so happy seeing all three baskets sitting together on the kitchen table. For as nutso as my kids make me at times, I adore them and am trying to enjoy the small amount of time I have with them...not always easy since the older they get, the mouthier they get, but they are cute and fun overall. I am honestly sad Easter is over...now on to Mother's Day. I love my day!










No comments: