Monday, June 29, 2015

Lake Powell

June 17-21 we headed down to Powell with my family. We were a little (okay, a lot) nervous to take Jameson with his Masto, but a portable swamp cooler next to his playpen solved the heat issue. He didn't love the water quite as much as I thought he would, but he had a good time out swimming with us, and playing in the sand in the evening. During the day when it was so hot he spent a lot of time in his play pen with his trains, and him and Brody are so cute together. A two year old sure takes the "relax" out of relaxation, especially around water. He was cautious enough that I didn't worry about him jumping in, but I did worry about him falling overboard. The boys, as always, had a great time and could've used another day. John could've used another day. Me? I was ready to come home. Having a 2 year old with Masto was tough and I felt like I hardly did anything since he needed to be watched constantly. Give him a couple years and then it'll be a vacation for me again.
We all did a little water sports...Jameson cried when I skied which made me feel bad, Carson easily got up on trainer skis, which he is too big for, and John dug a huge hole and stuffed all the boys in for a picture. 
*It sounds like only I was watching Jameson, but John did more than his fair share of watching. But even when John had him I just couldn't relax. Besides, I want to be with John on vacation.















No comments: