Monday, June 29, 2015

TEN YEARS!

In early May we passed the ten year anniversary of buying our home. It's hard to believe it's been that long, but when you look at how far we've come and how our family has grown, it's much easier to see that ten years has in fact passed. When we bought this house we didn't know if it would be a long term home or if we'd fix it up and sell it in a few years. Well, ten years later and we have absolutely no plans to move. We've talked about it and half-heartedly looked for another house, but when it comes down to it we are just very happy here. Some friends and family probably can't fathom how we could possibly be happy in such a modest house, but this is home. I LOVE my house. It's comfortable and cozy...and for now it fits our family perfectly. In fact, there's a pretty good chance that we'll live here forever.
I know that in ten, twenty, thirty years this will be a post that I'll come back to countless times. I have a book of photos from ten years ago when we first bought the house and were beginning to rip all the nastiness out, and we look at it often. It will be fun to look at these photos and say "I remember when we had that couch', or "I remember the walls being that color...what was I thinking?!" So here's to many more paint, carpet, furniture choices in the future.

















 

No comments: