Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Decorating our tree

Well, that's the last time for awhile we'll cut our own tree. The needles on the thing were razor sharp. I couldn't string lights or hang ornaments without gloves! It was a truly painful experience and not super enjoyable. Once it was up the tree looked a little bare and sad, but it's grown on us and we love our big Charlie Brown tree!
We lit a fire and had Christmas music playing while we decorated. After a bit we took a break to make some hot cocoa from scratch and bake some cookies. John and I pulled out the mugs with our names that we purchased on our honeymoon 13 years ago. Tree decorating day is such a great day, but I love it when all the bins are put away and we get to enjoy our cozy living room with all the gorgeous Christmas lights and decorations. Some of my favorite memories are of decorating the tree when I was little and I'm so excited my boys will have fun memories as well. I love Christmas for the music and decorations more than anything.
ETA: a week or so after Thanksgiving we saw this 3' Santa at Costco and John insisted we buy it. I didn't put up a fight and it is now one of our favorite decorations! I already am so excited to pull it out next year. Jameson thought it was scary and was literally shaking and trying to be brave as we took the photo of him standing by Santa. By Christmas he had warmed up to him and didn't always refer to it as "scary Santa".
Not yet finished, but I loved the fire.



No comments: