Sunday, January 24, 2016

XC Skiing

For years we have talked about getting into cross country skiing, and after one too many Saturday's wasted on iPads we decided to take the plunge. John and I distance run through the the winter, but the boys really don't do anything active. We rented the boys'skis since it was a pricey endeavor to purchase not only skis for us, but also skis for the Chariot so J can be included in the fun. Let me say how much we love the Chariot. We have all the attachments and can take it just about anywhere...I wish we had invested in a double when the older boys were young.
Yesterday we headed up toward East Canyon with friends. It was warm and sunny at the start, but by the time we turned around it was snowing, windy, and cold! The boys were naturals, and were quickly far ahead of us. J slept for a good hour or so, toasty warm in the Chariot. After about 1.5 miles we stopped and ate a yummy picnic lunch...which frankly we were needing. On the way back Landon had a tough time. I was pulling J and Carson and made it back fairly quickly. When John and Landon didn't show up I headed back to find them. They were about 3/10 of a mile back...Landon literally falling every couple minutes. I realized he was exhausted because his legs and poles were very sloppy. Poor kid, but we'll toughen him up quick. The boys had a great time and are willing to go again this Saturday, yay! We loved skiing even more than we expected and are so excited to have found a winter activity to do as a family. 





No comments: