Thursday, June 30, 2016

My Birthday

Well, I'm quickly approaching 40, and while I don't have a problem with aging, I REALLY like my 30's. All I wanted for my birthday was to go hiking. We got a new dog on June 23, a 15 month old golden retriever. While I'm not a huge animal lover, she is a fantastic and incredibly smart dog. She sleeps inside at night and sheds a ton. In fact I clean now more than ever. Thankfully she has a shorter field coat rather than the traditional loong hair. I ran 4 miles with her this morning (June 30) and she stayed right by my side.
On my birthday, John woke up and made me bacon, eggs, toast, and OJ for breakfast...I still can't believe how thoughtful he is and much I love this man. Then we packed up the boys and Sammie and headed up to Ferguson Canyon for a morning hike. It was gorgeous as always. I can't believe it's been a good 4 or 5 years since we've been up there because it's one of my favorites! There were tons of friendly dogs, rock climbers, people hanging out on hammocks, flute players, and families. Jameson did great hiking and quickly soaked his feat in the stream. Sammie had a blast. She's never been hiking or played in water so she was in heaven. Carson and Landon even had fun crossing logs and climbing (way too high) on the rocks. John got to drink fresh mountain water, which is one of his favorite things. Sometimes I have moments when I am deliriously happy and cannot believe this is my life, and this hike was one of those times. Thanks John for making my birthday absolutely perfect.




No comments: