I feel bad that this is the one picture I have of Carson on his 13th birthday, but it is what it is. I cried when I was so dizzy I could barely function, because I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything grand for Carson's big 13th. Thankfully he is easy to please, and all he wanted was to invite a few friends over to roast brats in the new fire pit. I forced myself out of bed that afternoon just long enough to make him a cake, but that was the best I could do.
They spent the evening goofing around by the fire, and playing games on their phones. I sat in the kitchen keeping an eye on them and it was evident they were all having a great time. Afterward Carson wouldn't stop thanking us and told us it was "Epic". I was thrilled he had a great birthday, and that such a simple party could make him so happy.
While Carson gets bouts of the mouthy teenage attitude at times, he is such a great kid. He's happy and affectionate, and doesn't cause me any grief. He has good friends and gets good grades. I really couldn't ask for more...let's just hope it continues through his teenage years. Girls are being added to the mix so life will start to get interesting...for us all. Happy Birthday my firstborn!
No comments:
Post a Comment