Monday, March 20, 2017

P's Graduation and the Christmas Breakfast

I'm compiling these two events into one post since they occurred back to back. I was so sick, the worst cold and strep throat, it was seriously the worst week for me to be sick, but I had so much to do, and I'm just thankful I was able to make it to Preston's graduation. He graduated with his doctorate in physical therapy...yay! 
The next day I had the annual Christmas Breakfast that I have been in charge of for five years. This was not fun and I formally sent an resignation text. Lol. Next year I will show up eat, and go home. No planning and shopping for weeks. I did find the best Santa to come though, and the kids were so excited when he knew their names. (via a small headset) I wondered if I'd regret resigning from the breakfast, but I still feel relieved not to have to deal with it next year.
That night we had tickets to the Christmas concert uptown, but I was so sick I didn't want to leave my bed. My throat was hurting a bit less so I figured by Sunday morning I'd be up and moving. Well, I woke up with my world spinning. After trying to stay up for a bit I relented and went back to bed and slept for hours. Monday the world was still spinning so John took me to the doctor. I had vestibular neuritis, oh how miserable. I was given a couple prescriptions, but they did nothing. After researching I found that damage could be permanent and the best thing to do was re-train my brain to decipher the mixed signals it was receiving. So I stayed up as much as I could, but it was awful. Tuesday was Carson's 13th birthday, but that gets it's own post. 
Anyway I did read that running is great for training the brain, so I tried running, walking, shaking my head, moving my eyes, and by Friday I was doing pretty well. I do have lasting effects, but it's kind of my new normal. I'm just always dizzy, but I'm getting used to it. It's just horrible if I turn too fast or look up. Thankfully I'm tough and I haven't let it keep me down.





No comments: