Monday, March 20, 2017

St. George

My parents bought my grandpa's little home in St. George last Spring, and recently purchased some new (heavy) furniture. Wanting a little fresh air and sunshine, we happily volunteered to help move things around. We headed down on a Thursday and drove STRAIGHT THROUGH...I mean, not one single stop. How does that happen with three kids?! Needless to say it was the shortest drive ever. On Friday we woke up and ran out to buy some groceries, then took he boys on an adventure to find some petroglyphs. Not being an official hike in Snow Canyon, the trail head was super difficult to find, but once we did it was well worth it. We couldn't have done it without John to help lift and lower us all. We found three or four walls of petroglyphs, but the highlight was all the cool nooks and crannies along the way. At one point we turned a corner and I heard Jameson yelling for help. I ran back and found him with his hands buried in sand telling me he was stuck. I laughed so hard. We kept hiking up and down, trying to find the walls. John climbed on a high rock and Jameson held out his arms and yelled "Jump dad, I'll catch you!" 
I love having fun adventures as a family. We all have such a great time, and the boys do a lot of bonding and you'd think they were best friends by choice...not just because they're brothers. It began to sprinkle so we high-tailed it out of there since being a wash isn't the best place in a rain storm. The boys didn't mind since they were eager to get in some swimming...which they did plenty. My mom and dad arrived that night and were happy to see we'd already moved out the old furniture to make room for the new. 
Saturday morning my dad, John, and I went out for a run and it while it was chilly, it felt almost balmy and was awesome running in singlets and capri's. Got us all sorts of excited for Spring!
Fortunately the roof needs a bit of work, so we'll happily sacrifice another weekend to do a little home repairs and more hiking.



















No comments: