MY NAME IS ANNALISA, I BELIEVE MY BLOG IS A FAIRLY ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF WHO I AM. I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND THREE FANTASTIC BOYS. MY LIFE IS FAR FROM PERFECT BUT IT'S TRULY WONDERFUL!
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Office Remodel
Since I'm finally starting nursing school, I felt that it was time to tackle our office. I've always had mismatched whatever in there, and I could hardly stand it. I like the desk, but hated the industrial file cabinet, the Ikea bookshelf, the awesome retro sewing table...I liked most of the pieces, I was just sick of it looking like a young married couples office...so EVERYTHING had to go. Unfortunately my dad didn't have time to make me shelves or cabinets, but he was more than willing to make the desktops. So, we bought a couple Ikea cabinets, and built a pipe shelf...which cost more than I care to admit. John went to the lumber yard with my dad and picked out some birch. I loved that he did this because John was able to see the ugly, twisted, raw wood planks, and saw step by step how my dad sanded, jointed, cut, and pieced them together for form these gorgeous tops and shelves. My dad is absolutely amazing when it comes to wood. I also bought a cute little couch/bench that is surprisingly comfortable. Jameson loves to hang out on it if he was up early while I'm still on the treadmill. John added a bunch of outlet-something which is sorely lacking in our wonderful old house, and he redid the drywall and re-textured the ceiling. It's so wonderful to have a husband who loves to work. I could not be happier with how it turned out, and the level of organization in my office is off the charts. Eases my anxiety about starting school and the metaphorical tornado I'm about to be hit with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment