Friday, March 23, 2018

Another update

 Well, as the end of 1st semester nears my stress level is much lower knowing that the only way I won't pass the semester is to just not show up...however, my looming Fundamental ATI Exam is weighing heavy, along with my final for each class. I cannot believe I only have three weeks left of instruction before finals, and if all of nursing school passes as quickly graduation will be here before I know it. I can say that aside from the constant stress (which will only increase with each semester) I truly enjoy being a student....temporarily. John was telling me today he can see a difference in my confidence level and the way I approach and speak with people, and I can say that seeing my hard work pay off has given me more confidence. As thankful I as I am for having been a stay at home mom, I do feel like I lost something along the way, and now that I'm setting out on this tough road, I feel like I'm gaining so much more. My brain is being worked harder than ever before, and just knowing that I will be a better person, and my kids will be better for seeing my example makes me keep plugging away. Celebrating with the boys every time my tests scores come in and having them tell me how proud they are gives me so much motivation. Hopefully they remember this when they head off to college in a few years. Nothing will be handed to them, and they'll be better for it.
I've made so many great friends, and so many of them are scraping by with the skin of their teeth and I worry about them everyday. I worry that they won't move on with me and we won't graduate together. I can't imagine facing nursing school without these women by my side. I really lucked out with the friends I've made.
John is incredible as ever. Taking the boys out for fun and keeping the house in order. I know I say it a lot, but I couldn't do this without John and my mom...No way.
A couple of weeks ago we did heart dissections, and I made sure to study up beforehand so I would know exactly what I was looking at-and it was incredible. Of course, I had to be dorky me and have some fun. I bet everyone $5 if they'd kiss the heart, but no one would take me up on it. Can't say that I blame them. It didn't gross me out at all-what was gross were the rats we had to dissect in junior high. The brains and hearts we've dissected don't have that god-awful formaldehyde smell. We had the option to bring the hearts home, and I thought Landon would love it, but the idea of raw heart sitting in my car for the rest of the day didn't sound too appealing. Maybe next time I'll bring a cooler? Probably not.




No comments: