Just before the semester one ended I received an email from the administration. Apparently they track all test scores, and they were notifying me that I made the top 100 list for the entire program, something only 10 first semester students accomplished. I was floored and just felt relieved that my "all" was more than good enough. It was fun that my good friend made the list as well. It's been fun to compare scores and congratulate each other throughout the semester.
On my first day of break I took Jameson to kindergarten orientation. What?! How is my little baby old enough for kindergarten? It'll be nice to have him there everyday, which means less babysitting for my mom. During orientation they took all the kids on a tour of the school. Jameson looked at me a little panic stricken and asked if I was coming. I told him no, and thought he would be disappointed. All he said was "okay" then hopped down to get in line. He is so independent and really doesn't miss me at all.
After orientation we headed to St. George. It took a. couple days but my stress level and blood pressure lowered and we had the best time. We swam, went on the greatest hike up Water Canyon where we found a waterfall/pool and we all jumped in. We grilled steaks, and went to Vegas...the boys were a bit traumatized, and it's definitely not my scene, but we had fun.
I've spent the past week playing with Jameson and simply enjoying my time off. We've worked in the yard and bought (too many) flowers. I've been reading a book and hope to finish before school starts up again.
While we were in St. George, we noticed Jameson right eye would drift inward. I've been taking him to an ophthalmologist since he was a baby, and once we got home I called for an appointment. I was relived they could get him in while I was on my break so I wouldn't have to juggle it with school. His left eye looks great, but his right eye is still farsighted. She decided to put him in glasses. That afternoon we took him in for a fitting and picked out two frames. They should be ready in a few days. It's a bummer, but is something I've been expecting for years. Besides, he looks so cute in glasses.
This past weekend Landon went up to Fruitland, and on Saturday, John, Carson, Jameson and I walked 22.6 miles from the Draper to the Salt Lake temple with the youth. Every single person made it and it was such a fun activity-right up my alley.
Yesterday I made an apple pie, which I have been wanting to do for weeks. It has been so nice to relax and not have exams and studying weighing me down.
Today I've been ordering books, printing my syllabus, and putting homework/exams in my planner. While I'm not looking forward to the stress, I don't dread school. I start my first clinical this semester as well as the sim labs. It will be hard, but I'm determined. I ordered my first stethoscope and sphygmomanometer a few weeks ago and I cannot wait to learn how to use them. Everything just felt so much more real once I was holding a stethoscope with my name engraved on it.
16 more months until freedom...if all goes well.





No comments:
Post a Comment