Boy, it's been a long time. Blogs are now obsolete, but I really miss them. I've visited my blog many times over the past several years since I stopped writing while in the throes of nursing school. Today I took a trip down memory lane and decided there was no reason not to start up again. While my kids won't appreciate it anytime soon, one day they may love looking back on it.
Carson graduated from high school this past May. I expected to be a bit more emotional, but truthfully he didn't like school and was ready to be done. And you know what? I was genuinely happy for him. Helping him find his next step was incredibly stressful as a parent. I never could have imagined just how many sleepless nights the worry would bring. Several weeks ago he began his apprenticeship to be an electrician and so far it's going well. If he doesn't complete it I won't be upset. It's a great place for him to be until he decides what direction he wants to go.
After graduation we all went on a cruise. Carson found a group of kids on their senior trip and had a great time and we barely saw him. Landon is independent as always but did spend quite a bit of time with us. Jameson went to the kids club once or twice, but really just enjoyed hanging out with us and eating all the food.
John has worked his way into a management position and has so much flexibility to work around my schedule. He loves his job more and more each day. He's such a people person the role is perfect for him.
After a year working in the women's service line I transferred to the Emergency Department and have learned so much. Covid really took a toll on all healthcare workers and I never saw myself being thrown into a pandemic mere months after becoming a nurse. Somedays I love my job. Somedays I hate my job. But for the most part it's not a bad gig. I have definitely seen the ugly side of humanity and have been treated in a way I didn't know people treated other human beings. I'm keeping my eye open for the perfect job, but this one is perfect for scheduling my time off and I can easily have five or more days off in a row if I choose.
Landon is a sophomore and has played on the football and basketball teams. He is his own person and is has some interesting ideas. He's turned into someone that other kids talk to about their problems and personal lives. In fact I enjoy listening to his philosophies. I'm excited to see what he does with his life. Covid hit him hard and he's struggled school with the addition of Chromebook's. But so far this year he seems to back on track for Honor Roll.
Jameson is in 4th grade and he is so funny, so energetic, so sweet. I cannot imagine life without him. He keeps us young. School is a struggle for him. Learning his thought patterns and learning style has been rough. He's so smart but his learning style doesn't fit the conventional patterns used in schools. I'm glad I have Landon to buffer since he's so independent we'll be able to really focus on Jameson as he gets into middle and high school.
That's just a quick rundown. Hopefully I can jump on once a week to so just to update a bit.







No comments:
Post a Comment