Saturday, July 30, 2011

Camping July 15-17

We had quite the group who decided to go camping with us this time. John and I headed up before everyone else to find us a spot. EVERYTHING WAS FULL! Apparently more people are learning our area exists and we couldn't find anything accessible to a full size trailer. We drove higher and higher with no luck. Finally we unloaded the 4-wheeler and I took off to see what I could see. I found a spot on the north side of a mountain. Woohoo! I drove back as fast as I dared and guided John to the spot. I told him to stay there while I went to look ahead for something better. When I came back the trailer and truck were stuck in the mud up to their axles. Oh $#%&! I wanted to grab the camera but do you know what John would have done to me if I started taking pictures?! Finally we unhooked the trailer, loaded branches under the truck tires and eventually we got it out. John came back on another angle (on drier ground) and once again we shoved branches upon branches under all the tires. What do you know? We got it out. It was much more involved than that, and many unmentionable words were flying, but we were free. We drove quite a bit further and found a beautiful spot overlooking everything with a stream at the bottom of a hill. John took off on the 4-wheeler to find the rest of our group since they would never think to come up so high. He left me with instructions to set up the trailer. Problem is, he took the truck keys which I needed in order to pull the truck away and level the trailer. So nothing was done when he got back. The mosquito's were swarming and I came home counting 28 bites. I forgot the memory card in the camera so the only pictures I have were what the internal memory could hold. The kids had a ball, Landon had fun play with Hannah and we did some gorgeous 4-wheeling. Sunday morning we didn't hang around because all of us were fed up with the biters. Hopefully by August the mosquito's will be long gone.











Our spot. It looks open, but we were so high not many people drove by.



They got carried away with the paints. Good thing they don't get together too often, they would be trouble.

No comments: