Friday, December 23, 2011

Carson's 8th Birthday

For his 8th birthday I gave Carson the choice of going to the "fun place" of his choosing or having a friend party. I was hoping he'd opt to go someplace fun as a family because I just didn't like the thought of entertaining a house full of eight years old boys for a couple hours. Lucky for me he chose to go out to eat and then to Boondock's for the evening.
Before leaving we let him open his present...more Lego's of course. Then he chose Panda Express as his restaurant of choice. Hey, at least it's cheap. Then we went a spent a small fortune for unlimited passes at Boondock's. We didn't do the boats, mini-golf, or go-karts because it was freezing. But we did do plenty of video games, ride simulators and Laser tag. I just knew Carson would love Laser tag and I was right. He was so much fun. The boys are at such a fun age where we can really talk with them and play with them.
Carson and I went on a simulator that mimicked a roller coaster with plenty of loops. Half way through I was feeling awful. We went upside down and around and in every direction. Carson loved it but I was so glad when it ended. It was a fun night and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We finally drug the boys home after nine and ate ice cream cones before sending them to bed.
It's hard to believe my first-born is eight years old. It been a fantastic eight years. Happy Birthday Carson!









No comments: