Friday, December 23, 2011

Carson's 8th un-Birthday

Landon and Carson have taken to celebrating a birthday on any day other than the actual birthday a pretend birthday. So we had Carson's pretend birthday on Sunday Dec. 11th. Carson was so excited for his party. We made peppermint cupcakes dipped or drizzled with chocolate...SOOOO yummy! We fixed Mondues which are super messy but so wonderful. When it was time for presents Carson could not contain his excitement. He was excited for uncle Tyson's present because he just knew it would be something cool...it was socks. I knew that Carson so so disappointed but he played it off so well. He said they were the best socks ever, he could use them for a pillow, blah blah blah. He was trying to convince everyone how excited he was for new socks. As his mom I just knew he was crushed, but I was so proud of how he acted. Every once in awhile you have a moment where you think 'Okay, I'm not doing too bad at this mom thing.' This was one of those moments when everything I've taught him came out and I just wanted to squeeze him so tight. Of course, I also knew Tyson was joking and a moment later Mavelle appeared with his real present-Ninjago Lego's. Carson was thrilled! He earned it. He also got $10 from Grandma Betty, Star Wars Legos from Grandma and Grandpa, and Alien Conquest Lego's from aunt Gina. Is it super obvioushat Carson is into these days? All in all it was a fun little party.


















No comments: