We've had several beautiful days in a row and every single day we try to stay outside as much as possible. Yesterday we had planned to hike, but last minute decided to head up to Park City. John and I looked in a couple stores-we got some unbelievable deals at Columbia, and we let the boys playground hop as long as they're good in the stores. I think yesterday we only went in two stores so it really isn't about the shopping (although I won't complain about what we bought) and when the temperature began to drop we took the boys to dinner at Loco Lizard. They are at the perfect age right now. Landon is old enough to have his own kids meal, and Carson shares an adult meal with me, while John manages to eat his own food, as well as anything the rest of us don't. Perfect since I can't eat an entire meal alone.
Last fall when the weather was nice I would walk Landon home from school. It's about a mile each way, which is long for a 5 year old who has just finished school. Anyway, he got tired of me walking him home last fall and requested I stop. So I did since it was getting colder anyway. Well, Monday he asked me to walk him home-SHOCKER! I couldn't believe my ears. However, it was conditional that we stop and get a Slurpee. Done. Today he once again asked me to walk him home. Yay! I love being outside and I'm so excited he wants to walk home even though he's beat by the time we walk through the door. I love warm sunny days!
If the weather holds we're going hiking tonight and the boys couldn't be more excited...please stay warm, please stay warm, please stay warm......
Ye
No comments:
Post a Comment