Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fun Little Projects

****MOM DO NOT LOOK UNTIL AFTER MOTHER'S DAY!!!!***** Gina's birthday was in March and since baby boy #3 is arriving early July, she wanted a nice, big nursing cover. She has one of those ugly cheap things you get free if you pay shipping, but they are barely adequate for a nursing baby. I finally decided to light a fire under myself and just get it done. They are so simple to make. 1 yd of fabric, D-rings and a little boning. I met my mom at Gardner Village on a beautiful sunny day (have I mentioned how glad I am she's alive?!) and we went to my most favorite fabric shop. I found this gorgeous fabric on clearance, which was a bonus since I loved it anyway. It looks so seventies. LOVE IT!


While there my mom mentions she wants a new purse. I truly believe my mom has at least a hundred different purses. Not expensive purses, but she likes to switch them out every season. I had a coupon for a buy one get one pattern so she found a simple little bag pattern she liked. I bought the pattern, she bought the fabric and I said I'd put it together for Mother's Day. It's a very inexpensive little bag, and super easy to make. I even put in a hidden magnetic closure-just what she loves about her current purse. The handle and trim is simply a couple yards of bias tape. I would've like to have made my own but 1-this was a much cheaper option and 2-I hate making bias tape. It turned out pretty darn cute if I don't say so myself. There a few things I'd change if I made it again, but overall I'm really happy with it.


Like I said I had a buy one get one free coupon so naturally I had to pick out a second pattern. I actually had no intentions of buying any patterns, but hey, I'm not complaining. I bought a cute purse pattern by Amy Butler. I love her patterns, they are so detailed step by step you'd be a...well, something not very smart if you messed up one of her patterns. I picked out some darling fabric and I can't wait to sew it up. I think I'll wait a bit because I love knowing I have a fun project to work on.

No comments: