Thursday, May 24, 2012

Landon's Preschool Graduation

This past school year has passed faster than any year I can remember. It's crazy. I feel like it should be February, rather than the end of May. Landon had his preschool graduation last night *sniff* *sniff*. This is the first year I haven't carpooled with someone for preschool and let me say it was heavenly. I loved taking him to school and picking him up, previous years I dreaded my days to drive, but I really enjoyed it this year. He would talk the entire way to and from school-he always has so much to say. I would just listen and speak when appropriate. He'd tell me about his day, who he played with, who hit whom...He talked to me instead of whomever else was in the car with us. It was great! I was so happy with preschool and the variety of activities they did, I just couldn't be happier. His little graduation was so cute, the kids made me laugh and I finally got to see the class crier in action and wow, I wanted to walk down and smack the little guy. As they marched in it was running through me head just how much I'm not looking forward to his next graduation in 13 years. The kids sang a few songs and they passed out their little certificates, then did a slide show of pictures taken throughout the year. Each of the kids received a little book put together buy one of the teachers. Here's what Landon's said: Physical Description: Landon is one of the tallest kids in the class. Personality Traits: Landon is the most outgoing kid in the class. He has a great personality and is kind to everyone. Family Information: Landon lives with his mom (Annalisa), his dad (John), and his older brother (Carson). Favorite Classmates: Landon likes to be friends with everyone. He will have a different buddy each week. But Chloe and him are very good friends. Initial Observation of Development: Throughout the year Landon has learned to use his inside voice and raise his hand and ask detailed questions. Why did I choose Landon as my portfolio child:I chose Landon because he is very exciting and outgoing. Landon has been such a fun student. He is always excited to learn and has so much energy! Landon is a very caring friend and likes to make his classmates happy. He does very well working in groups and getting the activities done. Landon surprised us all by knowing how to say flip flops in Spanish. We all had a lot of fun with Landon this year. In a few short months he'll be off to Kindergarten. Not sure what to say about that.















1 comment:

Diana said...

What a fun graduation! Time really does go by too fast!!