MY NAME IS ANNALISA, I BELIEVE MY BLOG IS A FAIRLY ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF WHO I AM. I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND THREE FANTASTIC BOYS. MY LIFE IS FAR FROM PERFECT BUT IT'S TRULY WONDERFUL!
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Carson's baptism
Wow, what a day! We baptized Carson on June 2nd. After sending out dozens of invites we knew we'd have quite the group but I just didn't expect the showing we had. I think for the actual baptism we had somewhere between 60-70 people. It was so great to see all of our friends and family who came out to support Carson. It was a beautiful morning, but rained during the actual baptism. I was nervous the company wouldn't set up the slide, but no worries the rain left and it became the perfect sunny day we had been planning for. Carson was excited and nervous all morning. He doesn't care to be the center of attention, but at the same time he loves it...does that make sense? Carson is plagued with bloody noses (thanks to his mom) and when he was climbing out of the water his nose began bleeding, except no one other than Mavell noticed. I wasn't sure how I'd feel but surprisingly I wasn't overly emotional or anything. I think I was just so worn out from planning the baptism and field day simultaneously that I was just happy to sit back for moment and let the day flow. My dad did the confirmation and it was very nice. I could see Carson through the circle and he looked so adorable. I wished I could have taken a picture! John stood up after and said a few words and gave Carson the new scriptures we had picked out. Then the party began. We headed home and the slide company had just arrived to set up the bounce/ fun house, and I ran inside and began getting food out. We had pulled pork along with an array of other food. I wish I had snapped more pictures of the actual party but I just caught a couple as it was winding down. Once all the guests had left we invited any and all neighbor kids to come play. There is nothing better than watching kids playing and having a good time. What a great day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Carson!!! It looks like it all went amazing!! I am sorry we missed it.
Post a Comment