This is our first official day of Summer and it kind of feels like we've already had a couple weeks of Summer. We bought the boys a pool that is 12' x 3'. They were so exited, as were we. We set it up, put the hose in and ran to the store to grab a few things for a camping trip. We got back, walked outside and I immediately saw the pool was leaking. Bummer. I checked it again in a hour, yep still leaking. And checked it yet again about 4:15 am and you guessed it......still leaking. I refused to put more water in it and had hopes of finding the leak. No such luck. It's somewhere in the seam and we could repair it but why should I have to repair a new pool?! So after spending the entire day playing outside in about a foot of water we'll be returning it next week. Can't decide if we should get another one or just go to the water park every other day. What a disappointment, but we still had a blast. The boys are now up the street playing with friends, John is working and I am so lonely. That's the trouble with only two kids. They both go out to play and I'm alone. I know, I know, mother's with more kids than I would love to have time alone, but next year I'll have more time alone than I've ever wanted. Call me crazy but I enjoy having my boys home and really don't like it when they're gone. At least it gave me time to catch up on my blog.
2 comments:
That sucks! I say get a new one and make them give you extra store credit or something for the inconvenience. Did you guys pour concrete for the pool? Chris mentioned you gave him a plant because you were pouring concrete or something. Just being nosy. =)
That's too bad about the pool! Those aren't cheap ones either! My mother-in-law had a big one that she used for a year, then gave it to my sister-in-law who used it for a year, and it is still working great! So, not all of them are defective! Carson's baptism sounds like it was a great day!
Post a Comment