Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Father's Day 2012

When meeting with the bishop for Caron's baptismal interview he put us on the spot and asked if one of us would be willing to speak on Father's Day. HA! NO WAY! I totally turned it over to John and he was more than happy to do it. I just don't understand the guy-he loves teaching, speaking, whatever. Doesn't phase him a bit. Weird.
 So knowing we had to be to church that day I woke up at six o'clock (usual time) and got myself ready. I went down to the kitchen and fixed John his favorite breakfast of biscuits and gravy with orange juice. Before waking John I got the boys up so they could get his present ready. Days before we had hovered in the candy aisle picking out candy bars so the boys could make a poster for John. They were adorable as they went over each type of candy deciding what they could say. We finally worked out something they were happy with and they had a great time putting it together. Here's a picture on Father's Day before John came down. They don't wear much to bed in the Summer so I tried not to show too much. Oh, and we also picked out a new tie for John, which is in the box that Landon is holding. Sounds boring, but he needs new ties and I have NEVER given him a tie as a gift before.
After breakfast it was off to church where John made it up to the stand just in time. We left after the first hour to begin our day. We had a busy day, but John also wanted time to relax and be lazy so we just couldn't waste time sitting in church. ;) First we went and hit a large bucket of balls. I was wary to this because if he wasn't hitting well it could very well put him in a bad mood. His first few balls I was regretting the idea, but once he warmed up he was hitting them over the far fence and was quite pleased with himself. He spent a fair amount of time teaching the boys and I to hit and while I'm a lost cause, the boys were actually hitting better than I was. Go figure.
After golf, we went to the original Iceburg Drive-In (the only one worth going to.) John ordered his usual Chocolate, Caramel, Oreo Malt, while the boys shared the same and I ordered peanut butter cup. We took the shakes to a park and sat in the cool shade under a tree to eat them. The afternoon turned out to be so hot that I'm glad we took advantage of the morning to go out. It was so much fun and the plus about going out on a Sunday is there are no crowds so we felt like we lived in a quiet little town.
We then headed home and watched a movie where we fell asleep on the couch. Around 4:00 we went to my mom's for dinner where we ate Mondues, rice, Kim Chee, salad, jello, lemon cupcakes and strawberry cake.
All in all I think John had a great Father's Day. While I hesitate to use the word amazing since it is a disgustingly overused word, I do have to say that John is an amazing dad and husband. We are his first priority in life and it shows in everything he does. I couldn't be more impressed with him and he makes me so happy. We love you John.

No comments: